Our ADA Compliance Audit Services
LOVATA Company performs accessibility audit in conformance with WCAG 2.1 A, AA and AAA levels for websites, web applications and mobile apps (iOS, Android or cross-platform).
We offer an array of accessibility audit, consulting and development services to accommodate all your needs:
ADA Website Audit Techniques
During our ADA web accessibility audit we implement various techniques and methodologies to check your website and apps for the following:
- We apply automated testing to search for obvious violations of WCAG 2.1 compliance;
- Automated testing tools reveal only 10-30% of known issues. Understanding that, we employ manual checks to ensure your site is navigable by keyboard, we test for content scaling, review and validate your CSS and HTML code to check for accessibility issues, such as improperly used ARIA labels according to WAI-ARIA guidelines;
- We use assistive technology, such as screen readers, to verify that all WCAG 2.1 perceivable guidelines are met;
- Insure your content contrast ratio meets the required level of conformance (usually level AA);
- We view each page without styles and check for readability issues;
- We also check for many other issues and barriers that may affect a disabled person’s browsing experience which are outlined by the WCAG 2.1 website accessibility standard.
Is my website ADA compliant?
You can quickly check whether your website is ADA compliant by checking it against the basic WCAG guidelines. LOVATA has created a very useful checklist for you to do it yourself.
Reasons to Perform a WCAG Audit
We encourage you to check your website’s accessibility for the following reasons:
Having an accessible website gains your services access to a broader audience, increasing overall traffic and revenues.
Although WCAG 2.1 is not yet backed by a statutory act (it is expected to be introduced in 2018), many companies have already faced serious litigation, suffered significant losses and incurred high legal expenses that followed ADA website compliance lawsuits. Check out our blog concerning website accessibility lawsuits to find out more. To avoid these complications, we strongly recommend you to make sure your website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing or other physical, cognitive or speech impairments.
Social and ethical
Taking into consideration that people with disabilities have equal rights to accessing online services and information, it’s our obligation to provide them with the tools and technology to avoid any barriers they might face.
Accessible websites and apps are usually developed using clean code, that’s easily changed, updated and maintained. This also makes them cost-effective and SEO-friendly.
Tools and Technology We Use
We perform rigorous manual and automatic testing on your website’s or service’s accessibility, including the same tools & technologies used by the individuals with disabilities.
Magnifier, ZoomText, JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack, Dragon Naturally Speaking
Windows 7-10; MacOS 10.9 and higher; iOS 9 and higher
Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE, Edge.
Web Accessibility Audit Deliverables
As a result of our thorough analysis and ADA web accessibility audit, depending on your requirements, you will receive:
- A detailed report and prioritized list of your website’s accessibility issues;
- List of criteria and guidelines that were not met;
- A roadmap containing recommended changes and a plan of action.